The impact of local culture and traditional social organization on the development of Africa and Asia: New maps, data banks and empirical findings.
- Cultural values need structural interpretation.
- History is a resource of social capital.
- The cultural heritage of nations is grounded on local traditions.
- Catch-up development depends on pre-colonial complexity.
- Development trajectories reflect the the cultural heritage of both, the pre-colonial social structures and colonial experience.
Myanmar was part of the sample and was compared to other countries: